Wednesday, September 5, 2007

good times

This past weekend was awesome, it was the final weekend of the State Fair down in Palmer, so we packed the dogs in the truck and headed south to meet up with a friend and check out the massive veggies. We left Fairbanks on Saturday afternoon, drove through part of Denali and got to see fall in full swing. It only lasts about a week down there, so we got lucky to catch everything changing. It was nice to relax a bit and see such awesome scenery. Drove on down the rest of the way into Anchorage where we stayed with our friend and 4 basset hounds for the night. These hounds were pretty intense and bossed our dogs around pretty good.

Drove up to Palmer on Sunday around 11 and walked around the fair for a few hours. Chrissy was way more into the rides than I was, I felt like they were all about to break apart and hurl me earthward, but then again, I guess that's what we pay for when we go on rides like that anyway. The danger. The Flying Bobs is apparently a universal ride that exists even in AK. I rode it and have nothing but good things to say about it.
We left Palmer around 7 pm and started heading north, long drive ahead. About 6 hours later, Chrissy is asleep, the dogs are asleep, and I am barely holding on. We get home and then for some reason I cant sleep. So tired, but sort of strung out from the road.
Monday was spent working and then we rented Blades of Glory, I couldn't stay up to watch it all the way through, so we finished it today. It was hilarious. I think that I will need to watch it a few times before I can pick up on all the hilarious subtleties though. Alaska is a bit behind the times on some things, one of them being that whole no late fee at Blockbuster thing. I had all but forgotten about the idea of a one night rental until this one. I guess we get spoiled by things like that down south.
We went out with friends for Thai food tonight. It was pretty good Fairbanks fare. The restaurant was packed but the wait wasn't too bad. We looked through all the wedding photo proofs and had some good conversation. The northern lights are nice and bright tonight, hopefully we can get some good photos of them this winter.

-Justin

No comments: