Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Moose Calls

Well I thought for sure that I was going crazy (not an unusual thought for me) these past couple of nights hearing things outside the cabin. Sometimes if the moon is really bright, I like to lay in bed and watch the trees gently sway in the wind. I like to listen to the sound of complete quiet. Well, the night before last as I was enjoying the quiet, I felt the cabin shake a bit. I kind of laughed to myself and thought that it must have been Snorri running in her sleep and shaking the bed..... but no it was not. There were freaking moose rubbing their backs on the stilts that keep our cabin lifted off the ground. MOOSE! It makes sense now why all of that fur is in our driveway every morning. I knew that it had to have been moose fur, but I wasn't sure how or why it was just falling off conveniently outside our door. So...... last night I was awakened by a noise. I sat there wide eyed waiting for it to happen again and, sure enough, there they were- moose calls resonating in our back yard. According to Justin, Bugling is the correct term for moose calls. Anyway I guess what I'm more curious about than anything, is why I haven't heard these noises or felt the cabin shaking before now.? I'll be more tuned in from here on out. Huh?..... moose shaking the house...... never thought I would be saying that. We'll keep you posted.

Chrissy
overcast and 34

No comments: